Thursday, March 13, 2014

Time and Memory Lane

Sometimes I catch myself looking at old pictures on Facebook. I look at the smilies we shared, the laughs we had and the places we went to. I look at old friends and new friends. People I hate and people I still hate. Events I still discuss with my friends (Basically all the shit we did wrong and regret to this day. Like joining theatre).

I look at these pictures and catch myself wondering, "Where has the time gone?" Is time going so fast that we, humans, are not noticing it?

The clocks went back last Sunday (I believe) and I still am not used to it. It gets darker earlier now, or later, one of those. Just this morning, I was sitting out on my porch, drinking my morning coffee(which happens to be Mountain Dew because I hate the taste of coffee) and now as I sit here and type this its 10. I did absolutely nothing all day, except clean the dishes. How in the hell can it be so late?!

Another thing about time is, has it changed us? Have we done a complete 360 from the person we were to the person we are now?

Reading through some Facebook comments I would have to strongly agree with that.

Those comments were messed up, words were spelt wrong and in a few cases I had no idea what was happening. The pictures were from us as kids, with our short hair and in some cases blonde highlights. (It was 7th grade I wanted to fit in!)

But now, as I look back, I look at everyone and everything that has helped me. The pictures have changed to a classroom setting, with our new college friends or a new dorm room. Its like in the time since we graduated high school we changed into proper adults, studious and ready to start living away from home.

Well some of us at least.

I googled time and found out that dogs have no sense of it that 2 weeks for them is like 2 minutes for us.

Amazing, right?

No comments: