Monday, March 3, 2014

The Roomvies

Both my roommate and I are in school to be Creative Writers and we sometimes watch movies that we both haven't seen. After it ends, we talk about it, the things we liked or disliked and why we liked them. I call these The Roomvies. Notice how Clooney tells Bullock to set her watch for 90 minutes and the whole film is 90 minutes?

We notice all that small shit.

Today we watched Gravity. It didn't help that the Oscars were Sunday night so we knew coming into to this, that this movie was going to be AWSOME.

And it was. Visually stunning. Acted beautifully. The script was solid (in class they always tell us to throw as much shit on our characters and literally EVERYTHING gets thrown at poor Sandra Bullock.)

Lets talk a minute about the Oscars. I wonder who chooses the winner? It must be so hard because everyone is equally as talented.

The nominee's were some of the best I have ever seen. But, I have to disagree with one choice. The award for Best Actress. Instead of the obvious choice (cough, cough SANDRA BULLOCK) it went to Cate Blanchett.

Now, true, I haven't seen Blue Jasmine but yet, I have to say that I don't like Woody Allen. I'm not saying he is a horrible director and writer and that he should stop making movies, just that we've seen enough of him.

Now, maybe if he did something different, say a horror or thriller, I would be the first in line.

Tell me, what did you think of the Oscars? Do you disagree with an award choice?


No comments: