Saturday, March 1, 2014

HELP

Last night I watched Batman Begins. I do have to say that it is my least favorite in the whole trilogy, but it still has it moments. I noticed something though, in one scene, right after Scarecrow lights Batman on fire, Batman calls for help.

And that got me thinking If batman calls for help why can't we? If a SUPERHERO calls for help why can't we-the normal everyday citizens of the world?

There are many forms of help, either in asking for help because one truly needs it or in a sincere way, one just needs someone to talk to. A woman asking for food to feed her kids. A friend feeling down in the dumps needs a laugh from a best friend.

A couple of days ago a friend tweeted that she wanted someone to talk to, that she needed help and she was scared. I direct messaged her asking if everything was okay.

She responded that she was scared, that something happened and she couldn't stop. (I won't go into detail as she might not be ready for her story to be told). I guided her through this as best I can, telling her to take a few deep breaths and to wake her parents.

She messaged me the next morning, thanking me for being there for her.

Help is always right at our fingertips, either through a friend or a hotline or website, help will always find you.

Don't ever be afraid to ask for it either. You'll never know when you might need it back.

And remember, if Batman called for help, you can too. Let someone be your Alfred.

If that makes any sense.



No comments: