Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Saying Goodbye

High school prepared us for many things. We learned what to do about friends if they turn into back stabbing bitches, the pythagorean theorem (one of the many things we learned and WILL NEVER use) and how to properly format an essay (something I'm still learning).

But it never taught us how to say goodbye. No, we had to experience that for ourselves. We not only had to say goodbye to friends leaving for college we had to say goodbye to loved ones.

I won't get into detail about it, but when I was very young I had to say goodbye to my father. I didn't know what was happening so I gave him a little forehead kiss and resumed playing with my sister.

Is goodbye really a different way of saying "See you later?" A see you later you know will never happen? Can a person say goodbye mentally? The moment when you lose all forms of communication with a person?

Where a conversation goes like this: Hi. Hi. How are you? Good and you? Good busy school's really kicking my ass. Yeah same.

The summer before college I spent every waking moment with my friends. We were all going our own ways, some stayed behind and other went far away. Even as far away as Pennsylvania. We delayed saying goodbye, we couldn't delay our tears though.

This is a special circumstance though, because every chance I get I see them. I see my family as well.

Its not a goodbye Its a see you later my darlings.







No comments: