Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Singles and Facebook.

Every time I log onto Facebook someone is either pregnant, single and complaining or getting married. Every time I scroll through, rolling my eyes, wishing the engagement or pregnancy would just be over and done with. Wishing that the single people would just find someone and shut the hell up.

But sometimes I stop and through the status and comments and sit back. These are the single people wishing someone, anyone, would fly down and become their missing half. The comments all scream, "Maybe you should get out and quit playing video games," or "You aren't trying hard enough." The comments every single person hears almost everyday of their life. "Maybe its you."

But it is a rare occasion where two souls meet and fall in love. I watched it happen today, as a friend changed her relationship status to 'In a relationship'.

And this got me thinking. How in the hell did it happen so quickly? I mean, just yesterday she was posting single statues "I'm bored someone come over lolz." "I wish I had some1."

Is Facebook the new matchmaking site?

There are thousands and thousands of statues posted every hour and about half of them relate to love. In some shape or form. We respond to these people with nice words and gently used phrases, but do we believe them ourselves?

Facebook is great for many things. I saw friends and family get married, have babies. I saw friends break-up and get back together with that one simple comment. But the greatest thing about Facebook...

It keeps us up to date. To make sure everything is just fabulous.

No comments: