Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Little Things

There are many things to do in a city like Orlando. One can people watch at the park, mall or small cafés. We can visit the theme parks and buy overpriced hotdogs and soda. Or we could go to a small dollar theatre down the street with friends and see a movie for, you guessed it, a dollar.

I've been dying to go this theatre since I moved to Orlando and I have to say I was so excited when my roommate suggested we should go. Lets just say it was nasty. The seats were basically falling off, and ripped. The arm rests were wood (Like legit wood slabs that look like they were used). And the ever famous sticky floor. Popcorn littered the floor and I swear there was something white on the floor.

The only thing that made this adventure better were the little comments my roommate and I shared back and forth. And that got me thinking about the little things.

Are the little things in life there to show us that life isn't so bad? That our life can be like this theater and we can still find happiness?

This morning my apartment complex had a luncheon to celebrate St. Patricks day. They served waffles, eggs, and a fabulous green drink that had pineapple, sprite and lime sherbet in it. A family came in and I saw their eyes sparkle.

The kids all jumped up and down, excited to have waffles because they hardly ever have waffles. I watched as they gobbled up the waffles and asked for more. The mother sat back and watched as her kids ate. Another woman walked over to her. The mother said, "Thank you. I don't have to worry about my kids not eating breakfast this morning."

I had to hold myself from crying.

The little things in my life are talking to friends and family, to make sure they're okay and ever fabulous. My endless Sex and the City marathons that piss off my roommate. And these make me happy.






No comments: