Friday, March 14, 2014

The Gay Café

In an effort to become social and not stay inside all day, I found myself at the coffee shop down the street. It was my first time and I was pleasantly surprised. It was very open, bright and a place where artists can gather and chit- chat about projects. Those artists all happened to be gay of course and I dubbed the shop The Gay Café.

It was open mic night and I was shocked at how many people can actually sing. And sing well. But, thats not the point. As I watched the musicians, I didn't notice the man who took the seat next to me. He was cute and dressed normally, a rare sighting indeed.

His name was Adam and he went to the same school as me but for Music Production. He told me he wanted to be a manager for small, indie bands and that he loved open mic nights to "Scope the talent scene."

I told him I'm in creative writing and he laughed. "I would love to learn how to write," he told me. I nodded, saying I would teach him sometime. And at the end of the night, we exchanged numbers.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think I found myself a man.

Turns out he hasn't answered any of my texts, except for one.

He told me that he can't make our writing date because he has "loads of homework."

This made me wonder. Are first impressions everything? Are we much more interested in what we see first?

My mother always said, "First impressions aren't everything."

She was right.


No comments: