Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Writer That is Smitten

My university isn't that big. It isn't small either. But, it just so happens that the group I've been placed with has eight people in it. It hasn't changed since and I'm sure it won't change. Being that its such a small class we know a little too much about each other.

We can sense when there is a relationship brewing and it seems to have struck. A classmate, it seems, has fallen in love with another classmate. They spend every hour outside of class together with pictures to prove it. The guy is from Mexico and is as exotic as can be. She's a little asian girl with a hello kitty backpack.

It even got to the point where my roommate and I were invited to a cookie baking party, or in other words their first "public outing". We declined as the roommate and I aren't fucking Betty Crocker and can't bake for shit. But this got us thinking, Why would a guy like that even bake? He never baked anything in his life, or so he said.

How do we know a guy is smitten with us? Will he be willing to let go of his masculinity for a short while? Does he create or surprise us in anyway possible?

I sat and pondered this as I thought back to high school. Friends would go on dates that include dinner and a movie and the movie choice would always be a romantic comedy. I had one friend who always made his girlfriend mix tapes.

My best friend made her boyfriend do a flash mob, even though he was terrified of dancing in front of everyone. Do men overcome a fear to be with the one they love? Knowing that they will do anything makes us love them even more.

Men are the rarest creatures, one where nothing phases him. Not even embarrassing himself for the woman or man he loves. The way he puts your needs before his own. The way he makes you feel.

Well thats just fabulous.


No comments: