Friday, April 4, 2014

The Waiting Game

I got a phone call this morning asking if I would be a part of a photo shoot for the club I’m VP of. I rubbed my eyes and made sure I wasn’t dreaming. No, the phone call was real and the person talking was real. So, of course, without thinking I told him I would do it.

You see, the words photo shoot and Joe Russo do not mix very well. I spent a good five hours making sure my outfit was top-notch and myself. As it neared the meeting time, I left my house feeling fine, fresh and fabulous.

It turned out that I was the only one who showed up. I thought I was too early (I have this thing about time I need to get to places at least an hour early) or that the phone call was fake or a joke. As I left, second guessing myself, the photographer showed up. He said, “Sorry, I couldn’t find my lens cap.”

He told me what to do, where to go and how to pose. And I felt like a model. I was looking and feeling my best. I told him short info about the club like what we did and why and what our main objective was.

After we wrapped up, he showed me the pictures and said, “Now we wait.”

We parted ways but my mind lingered on his last word. Wait. Is waiting a good thing?

I asked my roommate the minute I got home. She answered, “It depends on what you’re waiting for.”

It can be a bad thing. Like waiting for that package, date or person allowing you to only think about those trivial matters. I googled the side effects of waiting and many results came up with stress, headaches and prone to laziness.

Honey, that explains my college life.

Waiting can be a good thing. It allows you time to think about a situation and allows you to make the right choice.


And that’s fine, fresh and fabulous.

No comments: