Thursday, April 10, 2014

Am I too Sexy?

There is nothing scarier than being invited over to a game development student’s apartment when he has his girlfriend over. He drops his normal attitude, stops playing the video games and actually focuses on his girlfriend and friends. A true change for this said development student who I met when I first came to Full Sail.

Our friendship started in an unimaginable way. We bonded over the latest video game called Titanfall. Though I had no clue what it was about, nor have I ever played it, we talked about something we both knew: Characters. He made me laugh, I made him laugh and in my mind we were the perfect couple.

Except for the fact that it seemed as if the last time he saw a shower was when Reagan was in office. And for the fact that he was into video games and I haven’t played a video game since high school ended. And his girlfriend.

His girlfriends name is Amber, also in game development. That’s all I know about her except that she has three different hair colors. We spent about fifteen minutes together, and she left for class.

The front door wasn’t closed for ten seconds before he asked me, “Was I being too sexy?” The question caught me off guard. He ran his hand through his hair and started pacing back and forth. “I shouldn’t have asked her to dinner.” “I shouldn’t have worn his shirt.”

I’m not a guidance counselor and wasn’t equipped to deal with this situation so I told him bye and that we should hang out again. On the short walk home I thought to myself.

How do we know we’re being sexy? When we know is it then too much? Is there never enough sexiness?

Though he isn’t sexy, he has his charms and looks. He has a personality that anyone could love, even myself. I thought to celebrities where sexiness comes off as a second nature. People like Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Gosling (basically anyone named Ryan) and Jennifer Lawrence. Do they ever look at themselves and think, “Wow I am sexy.”


Here’s an experiment: I want you to wake up every morning and say to yourself, “Wow I am sexy.” See how those four words can change your day and attitude.

No comments: