Friday, June 27, 2014

A Character Profile

Okay, I have to be truthful to you guys. I skipped class today and it felt wonderful. I watched six movies on Netflix, one on Madonna, which was fabulous, I went to Taco Bell and got my five-layer burrito and I thought. I thought a lot.

I thought people don’t understand that when you have nothing, you’ll start to miss the things you had. As I bit into the burrito, the familiar mysterious filling seeped out (you know the filling, its like you know what’s in it, but you don’t know what’s in it.) I filled my gas tank and went for a ride and let me tell you, after walking to school for six days, I missed my car.

I guess that makes me spoiled. Oh, and I had my first soda in about two weeks. Let me tell you something about soda, it’s a fucking addiction. I was an addict, craving soda like a junkie craves drugs. And when that Baja Blast hit my throat, I thought I went to heaven. Cold and refreshing. Fabulous.

But I guess I did miss a good class. Mystery Man told me that they wrote a piece about their significant other. At first I was confused. You have to understand; most of us are single and have been for a while (cough, cough me.) He said that the teacher wanted a profile to “deepen our understanding of creating dynamic characters.”

Mystery said he created an Asian who liked Hello Kitty and wanted to write for video games. I wanted to ask if this was some sort of fetish, but I didn’t want to know any more information. But this got me thinking about my significant other. Who is it?

I wondered if I could live with another writer, like Mystery. I wondered, what if I got more famous than him. What if I won an award and he didn’t? What if we write for the same medium? I’m already loosing my mind and I’m only one screenwriter. Now, I’m not saying that if Dustin Lance Black came up to me and asked me on a date, I would say no, I’m just saying, I would have to think about it.

Could I live with anyone other than myself? I wrote, a while back, about my 5-10 hunk that I met in a bar. He was in a dream but that’s all I knew about him. I still have about five hours until the assignment is due, and I’ve been thinking about it all day. If anything, a director or producer would be great. I write the shit and he’ll direct it or produce it. Perfect.

If you had to do a character profile about your significant other what would he or she be? Look like? Act like? Why?


Welcome to my life.

No comments: