Friday, June 13, 2014

Tossing and Turning

It was 2:23 AM and I was wide-awake. I kept tossing and turning, the room was too hot then too cold. My mind kept thinking about random things, like what if Charizard was caught on fire, would he freak out, but it kept returning to the same question. Should I stay or should I go?

I’ve been thinking, I’ve been thinking (for you Beyonce lovers) about my stay in college. I wondered if I could still go on, I wondered how I could go on. Money is tight, like the rest of America I bet, but I wondered just how much longer I could go on without breaking down. How much longer my mom could go on.

They say that college students change their major at least twice during their college career. I changed mine before I even started and I wondered if this was the beginning of my problems. I wondered why I chose the expansive apartments, then remembered that the rest of them have a high crime rate. 

As I tossed and turned, I weighed the pros and cons in my head. I knew sleep escaped me so I had plenty of time to go over everything. Cons- I won’t get to interact with teachers, classmates and others. I have a list of friends here that I wont see if I switch to online. I can't do anything with the club I'm VP of. 

The pros have a considerably bigger list. I don’t have to pay rent, electric or Internet anymore. I don’t have to shop anymore. I don’t have to pay for laundry anymore. If I switch, I’ll graduate later. If I switch, I get to see my friends that I left behind (and attend birthday parties that I missed this year.) I could also get a job closer to home and save up money for my real move to LA. I wont be stressed anymore.

I spent the rest of the day wondering if I could leave everyone behind. Everyone I met, my roommate. I know it will be great; that whatever I choose will benefit everyone.


I’m still sitting on a decision. The inner battle is continuing. Check back for an update.

No comments: