Thursday, November 20, 2014

Promises, Promises

I worked the past two days doing the morning shift, which has to be one of the worst shifts ever created in human history. And to add to this fact, Macy’s had its one day sale, which had basically everything in the store half-off. And to add to this fact, Macy’s sent out a catalog with another twenty percent off coupon, which made basically everything dirt-cheap. This one man got a Giorgio Armani suit complete with jacket, pants, white shirt and red tie for forty-five dollars. The suit was originally one hundred and fifty.

Which leads me to another story. Last week my mother and I took a trip to the new mall about forty-five minutes away from our house. The mall was very nice, filled with stores I’ve never been in (Saks Fifth Avenue), stores that I can’t afford (Saks Fifth Avenue) and stores that had FOUR THOUSAND DOLLAR JACKETS (Saks Fifth Avenue.) Four thousand dollars! For a jacket! A jacket designed by a dead fucking designer! I maybe would’ve paid for it had it been the real Saks Fifth Avenue but no this one was Saks off Fifth, like I didn’t already know that myself. I started to get light headed and was only revived by going to The Cheesecake Factory.

So, while I was working the past two days I was also talking to this Guy, the same one from my last post. We’ve came to the decision that we would meet on Sunday, I will drive up to him and he’ll drive to me at a later date. We’re gonna go see the Hunger Games and then he’ll show me all the hot, happening spots in Tampa. Now, you all have to understand, this is my first date since high school and… I’m gonna say it… what if he doesn’t like me?

We’ve snapchatted, messaged and talked on Facebook (I needed to make sure I wasn’t being catfished cause that would get me so pissed but, then again, I might get a TV show) so he knows what I’m like and I know what he’s like its just… that question still lingers around in my head. I’m really excited to meet him and his friends/roommates though and I know everything will be okay. He’s really sweet on his text messages to me and everything. I’m also really excited to show him my town and how pitifully small it is.

Here’s another thing about me, I’m extremely insecure about my body image; mainly my weight. That’s why, if you really know me, I never take my shirt off…ever. But whenever I talk about him, like I did last night to BFF, I get excited, like I’m back in high school or a kid in a candy shop or a gay at Dillard’s black Friday sale.

Sunday. Three days. Someone, anyone, count down with me. I just have to make it through my Saturday shift, the whole eight hours.

Which leads me to another story. On Monday, Macy’s released my holiday schedule and it turns out that I’m working Thanksgiving, get this, from five to three A.M and then black Friday from ten to ten.


Macy’s is trying to kill me I’m sure of it.

No comments: