Friday, November 7, 2014

One A Day November

November, November remember the fifth of November or at least I think that’s how it goes. November is all about raising awareness with such competitions like No Shave November where people don’t shave for the whole month and instead donate the money to cancer research.

I’ve been thinking of my own foundation for seven days. I’ve been throwing ideas around in my head thinking about what it would be, who would participate it and how long it would last. I think I have it down pat and its called One A Day November. Each day in November you do something new.

It’ll work better if you do it for your own education, or hobby, that way you can keep the stamina up. I’ve been watching one new movie, in different genres, every night and then reading the screenplay, if I can find it. One of my screenwriting teachers said, “The best way to learn screenwriting is through reading them.” It’s really opened my eyes because I usually stick with two genres: Horror and Drama. But with One A Day I’ve watched romance, thrillers, science fiction, fantasy, musicals, documentaries and classics, each learning something different from each.

It also works for painters, writers, photographers and that’s all my mind came up with, so far. Painters can paint something new everyday, it doesn’t have to be good, it doesn’t have to be finished but it shows that you’re working everyday to get better.

It will last the whole month and doesn’t cost any money. Well so far. You don’t have to do it, I’m not making you and I wont be upset if you don’t, its still in the early stages of being.

I told this same thing to ex-boyfriend number one three days ago. He thought it was a fabulous idea but his only hobby is having sex. Having really rough sex, the nasty bitch.

“I like when I get pushed against the wall and shit.”
“That’s really weird,” I tell him.
“Is it?”
“Yeah. I can just imagine your boyfriend coming home ‘Hi Honey’ and he bashes your head against the wall. ‘Hi sweetie how was work?’”  
He doesn’t answer me, maybe because he knows I'm right.

Two days later I went to Walmart to buy dog treats and a toy for my baby girl pug, Cinnamon. Outside there were two cars parked in the fire line and in the drivers seat… two old men. The fire line has a sign that clearly says NO PARKING ANYTIME.


This isn’t a pick up lane idiot and you can wait, like the rest of us, in the parking lot. I don’t care if you have a Cadillac or a Mini-Van because, to me, they’re ugly as shit.

No comments: