Sunday, May 4, 2014

Angry, Sad and Wanted

It was eight in the morning and I was on my way to class, not wanting to be up at such an ungodly hour. I just have to say whoever invented the 9 am class can they come talk to me? I have a few words to share with them. As I sat with my others classmates, those that actually remembered to come to class, and the time kept churning, my professor still hasn’t showed up. Soon it passed ten, and the teacher was now an hour late and I wanted to go home.

As we looked around, wondering what we should do, a classmate suggested we should take a selfie. She wanted a picture of us, as yesterday was our last day of class. We took said selfie and sent it to the teacher with a text saying, “We were here. See you later. Bye.”

With the prospects of a free day looming before us, we left. We went home. We read, watched movies and ate. We wanted a day to ourselves and we got it, until we each got an email saying class is resumed at one. That he wanted to give us some last parting advice.

I’m not sure why but the word wanted lingered in my mind. Wanted. Wanting. Can we say that wanted is a feeling? One as common as anger, sadness or happiness?

We all want to be wanted by someone. We want to be the first thing on their minds when they wake up, the last thing to think about before going to sleep. I texted a friend, because the new snapchat update confuses the hell out of me, and asked him “Have you ever wanted something?”

He answered back “Of course. I want a person who loves me for me. I want a guy that tells me I’m cute, even when im not. I want to be wanted, you know?”

Well, I didn’t know, and I didn’t answer him back because his answer took me by surprise. We not only want to be loved, but accepted, recognized and thought about. We want to famous, pretty and talented.

He texted back a little while later “I also want the new smart watch for my phone.”

I guess we also want any new electronics.


I just want a puppy. And some pizza. Maybe some honey buns. 

No comments: