Thursday, September 4, 2014

To Joan

It’s a sad, sad day ladies and gentlemen. I logged on to my OKCupid account to a whopping message from someone who is twenty-four and pansexual. A pansexual is someone who loves everyone, literally, someone who likes to have sex with a man, woman or pan. Anyway, he messaged me this question, “So you watch sex in the city?”

I had trouble breathing for a short three minutes. Sex in the city? Sex IN the city?! Who the hell doesn’t know sex AND the city?! I wanted to scream, bash and punch. Instead I messaged back, “Its Sex AND the City you uncultured swine.” He hasn’t answered back. I figure now, as I write this six hours laters, that I was maybe a little harsh on him. I mean, how could he not mess up the name of my favorite show when he can’t even figure out what he likes to sleep with?!

Here’s a dirty little secret about myself; I like Chinese food. I like Chinese food, cake, ice cream and soda. To cope with this horrifying message I got my Chinese food and a pecan pie. I was eating my Chinese food and pecan pie when I heard another piece of devastating news; Joan Rivers has passed.

Joan Rivers was-still is- my icon for both fashion and comedy. She taught me to not be afraid of the truth and to not give a crap about people because, honey, people WILL talk. She taught us to keep working and to never, ever give up. She kept us laughing for years and still will. She will be missed and her family are in our prayers. You and Robin will keep heaven laughing. 


RIP Joan.

No comments: